CHRISTOLOGY FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elizabeth of the Trinity on Christ

2 posters

Go down

Elizabeth of the Trinity on Christ Empty Elizabeth of the Trinity on Christ

Post by Admin Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:00 am

"I wish no longer to to live my own life
but to transformed into Jesus Christ...
so that the Father, overshadowing me,
may recognize His ‘beloved Son
in who He is well-pleased.”
-St. Elizabeth of the Trinity, from M.M. Philipon, O.P. Sister Elizabeth of the Trinity: Spiritual Writings

Admin
Admin

https://christology-room.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Elizabeth of the Trinity on Christ Empty Re: Elizabeth of the Trinity on Christ

Post by rpw8 Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:01 pm

I think a lot of us are searching as BR put perfectly.  We want the love Christ has for God.  I have had a couple of moments where that love for me resides in my heart.  Obviously not an experience BR speaks of for her it was in her gut. I suppose it can be different for each person.  Beautiful quote

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:01 pm

R,
You remark on experiencing love of God that feels like Christ's love, reminded me of the mystical saying that what we feel is "our loving" God is really Christ in us love for God.  
What a deal!  Not only do we get to experience love of God, but we sense Christ in us loving God. So its like two-for-one blessing.  Moreover, maybe it's 'three-for-one' because Christ-in-us love of God, is the Holy Spirit!  So we get to intuit both the Presence of the Holy Spirit and Christ-in-us.

M, do you have any practices that invite this love? For example, to you like to be in natural surroundings as that's this Love feels most accessible?  Or do you find this in silent prayer?  (No need to answer, if that's something like to keep private.)

Admin
Admin

https://christology-room.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rpw8 Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:39 am

No. I could be mislead as I am not 100% sure. I do feel it's love but it's so much bigger than me. if it's a commandment, Love God as you love yourself. Often think how can I not ? I was made out of love. How can I not love God ?

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down