CHRISTOLOGY FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is “Christ” synonymous with Jesus, or is "Christ" distinct from, but related, to Jesus?

2 posters

Go down

Is “Christ” synonymous with Jesus, or is "Christ" distinct from, but related, to Jesus?  Empty Is “Christ” synonymous with Jesus, or is "Christ" distinct from, but related, to Jesus?

Post by Admin Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:00 pm

Christians today more or less identify Jesus as "Christ." Should one ask, "Who is Christ?" the typical Christian response is, "Jesus is Christ." But this answer is inadequate.

Admin
Admin

https://christology-room.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Is “Christ” synonymous with Jesus, or is "Christ" distinct from, but related, to Jesus?  Empty My take on the confusion

Post by rpw8 Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:43 am

Often watch Bernadette's video Essence of Christian Mysticism and a paper she wrote that Christ is the Non dual aspect.  Not sure the human mind, at least mine can ever fully grasp it.  Read else where the historic man Jesus is not the one in the same with Christ.  Christ is just a title. The man Jesus knew he was one with God.  Where one begins and another ends is a mystery.  Watch the video may help some ? I have always wondered if Bernadette could clarify this. If she can't no one else can. Thanks

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Is “Christ” synonymous with Jesus, or is "Christ" distinct from, but related, to Jesus?  Empty Re: Is “Christ” synonymous with Jesus, or is "Christ" distinct from, but related, to Jesus?

Post by Admin Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:45 pm

rpw8 wrote:Often watch Bernadette's video Essence of Christian Mysticism and a paper she wrote that Christ is the Non dual aspect.  Not sure the human mind, at least mine can ever fully grasp it.  Read else where the historic man Jesus is not the one in the same with Christ.  Christ is just a title. The man Jesus knew he was one with God.  Where one begins and another ends is a mystery.  Watch the video may help some ?  I have always wondered if Bernadette could clarify this.  If she can't no one else can.  Thanks

RP,
I believe you are referring to a paper on Non-Duality and Christ that can be found on this site:
http://bernadetteroberts.blogspot.com/p/research-paper.html

So I see you don't identify Jesus and Christ. Does the famous phrase to describe Christ, as "truly human, truly divine", help you understand Christ, or just makes it more obscure?
Joe

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is “Christ” synonymous with Jesus, or is "Christ" distinct from, but related, to Jesus?  Empty Re: Is “Christ” synonymous with Jesus, or is "Christ" distinct from, but related, to Jesus?

Post by rpw8 Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:12 am

I don't really. Never had a clear understanding was raised Roman Catholic. Went to church out of respect. Never got anything out of it. Not till much later as I went through the Buddhist/Hindu mantra and Advaita, non dual, thing did I keep questioning. Found in the recesses of my heart God was more dear.

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by rpw8 Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:37 am

For me truly human and truly divine is something I heard from people who associated in someway w/ Adyashanti.  I did see the truly human/truly divine pop up.  It was unclear, then,  and at times still, but taking Bernadette's word was something that spoke to me enough where I paid attention more.  Never met her.  BR to me was/is the real deal more so then any teacher I listened and read. I got the clarity and got a good deal of what she saying more so. I am an open book. If I read something of hers it really is based on Faith. My heart agrees.

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:25 pm

rpw8 wrote:I don't really.  Never had a clear understanding was raised Roman Catholic. Went to church out of respect.  Never got anything out of it.  Not till much later as I went through the Buddhist/Hindu mantra and Advaita, non dual, thing did I keep questioning.  Found in the recesses of my heart God was more dear.

M,
We share some similarities in background. Was anything said in advaita or Buddhism about Christ --their understanding of Christ-- that made sense to you at the time, and kind of awakened a thirst for the mystery of Christ? Or did that occur in you apart from studies in Advaita/Buddhism?
Joe

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:33 pm

rpw8 wrote:For me truly human and truly divine is something I heard from people who associated in someway w/ Adyashanti.  I did see the truly human/truly divine pop up.  It was unclear, then,  and at times still, but taking Bernadette's word was something that spoke to me enough where I paid attention more.  Never met her.  BR to me was/is the real deal more so then any teacher I listened and read.  I got the clarity and got a good deal of what she saying more so. I am an open book.  If I read something of hers it really is based on Faith. My heart agrees.

M,

I completely see your point that what in us --for you, "heart"-- recognizes Truth when we find in it a book, is first and foremost Faith-- which, I can tell from your post, you see Faith very mystical, which I do too, not just belief. Is that right? Do you see Faith as mystical capacity in us, somehow of God, that Knows in some way?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rpw8 Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:05 pm

I never felt I had Faith in God. How can I have Faith in something I never really understood. Never fully trusted what is in my heart. Funny then I can say in my heart their is a love I didn't completely understand. I have had a great deal of conflict most of my life between my head and heart. Faith in myself you can say. Yes I agree with your comment, 100%.

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by rpw8 Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:07 pm

Spilling the beans here. I have never had anyone I could talk to about such matters. Thanks,

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:47 pm

M,
I am so pleased we can talk on these things!
Thank you!
Joe

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down