CHRISTOLOGY FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How does God reveal himself to us

2 posters

Go down

How does God reveal himself to us Empty How does God reveal himself to us

Post by rpw8 Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:38 pm

I had read your answers to a woman by the name of Amy in a different subject but the thing you said is God reveals himself to all of us.  Anyway, I stopped to think how does God reveal himself to me.  From my mind's perspective I don't feel he has.  How would I know if he has ?  I was w/ a friend who I haven't seen for about 5 years, he lives in my city, so we text.  He brought his son who needs parental supervision.  His son is a hyperactive autism.  His reading skills and math skills are not good. So I wondered about people of all walks of life, especially the handicapped.  I easily get overwhelmed when it comes to many mental tasks, but I don't seem myself as autistic.  I hope this enough info ?  Thanks

rpw8

Back to top Go down

How does God reveal himself to us Empty Re: How does God reveal himself to us

Post by Admin Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:00 pm

Patrick,
This is my view. I don't know if is a right view-- it is the best that I have understood to this point. I feel that God reveals Itself to some people in a very vivid way. You and I have in common Bernadette's writings. It seems to me that God revealed Itself vividly to her. But I also think that God reveals Itself to everyone AS Truly. So think of a time when you felt overcome by a feeling of love for all-- that was, in that instant, God Revealing Itself to you as Love. There weren't any fireworks, but in your deepest spirit, Patrick, you felt, "There is LOVE. LOVE IS REALITY." In my view, that was God visiting you. By the way you talk on this site, it seems to me that you followed up on that: that you came to embrace God as LOVE.
Joe

Admin
Admin

https://christology-room.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rpw8 Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:15 pm

I had asked Pat Masters the same thing. She said which I knew BR talks about it some on the DVD and told me to reread certain parts as well as Essays on Christian Contemplative...which I will. Thanks for comment it helps. In a post dated Sept 13 I believe Self Prayer part 2, I can't find the part 1 or is part 1 labeled as something else ? I made two follow up comments which I believe you overlooked, as well.

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:49 pm

My friend,
I want to find your follow up comments so I will look for them now.
Joe

Admin
Admin

https://christology-room.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum