CHRISTOLOGY FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Eucharist. Church.... what does it mean to you ?

2 posters

Go down

The Eucharist. Church....   what does it mean to you ? Empty The Eucharist. Church.... what does it mean to you ?

Post by rpw8 Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:23 pm

Lately,  I have been going through more of a dry spell and a little bored.  Two days in a row now, I have gone to church and it has picked me up.  The services are 20 minutes short.  Basically, the priest speaks very little.  Not much to the service, that's OK.  The importance is a feeling of coming home.  The Eucharist means more to me now, than ever.  I see the people that come to the service.  The older, as in my dad's age 76.  Some hunched over that can't move to well but it's great to see them.  It's does uplift me in a way.  A couple of younger men that seem quite devout.  Being in a place of worship among others feels good.  I just need to hear more of the Lectio Devina, sorry if it's spelled wrong or if I am using it in the wrong manner.  Listening to it at home is of great help.  It would be great if someone had a simple story to share.  Doesn't matter how mundane it might seem.  It's about opening our hearts and expressing whatever is on our minds.  Thank You

rpw8

Back to top Go down

The Eucharist. Church....   what does it mean to you ? Empty Re: The Eucharist. Church.... what does it mean to you ?

Post by Admin Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:52 pm

Dear R,
very moved by your account of Mass. Your words brought the experience freshly to mind. I really like your idea of sharing simple stories. Also, I alike the short Mass we few words are said. I have a little story about this. I was visiting a friend Ramesh in northern CA, and we visited morning Masses together. Each time the aging priest would read the Gospel, instead of delivering a homily on it, he would simply say, in a somewhat musical way, "Ponder!" That was it. Silence. After a time we just went onto the next part of the Mass. I loved it. Especially in at morning Mass, less thinking the better, in favor of silence-- for you too?

Admin
Admin

https://christology-room.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Eucharist. Church....   what does it mean to you ? Empty Re: The Eucharist. Church.... what does it mean to you ?

Post by Admin Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:59 pm

R,
Do you go to the short morning Mass?
May I ask you this, R. You know the custom and sacramental of making the sign of the Cross, as you enter church, with holy water? Does that have meaning to you?
Joe

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rpw8 Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:07 am

It's a 12:10 service.     I don't really think about it, now that you ask, but yes I do, give the sign of the cross before and after mass with the holy water.  Since I don't work and the more I think about it, I do like going to mass even at times  when I know I feel a slight disconnect with certain things that are said in Mass.  It's still an uplifting of spirit.  I am not a big participant but I will always say the Our Father.  Even at home, before bed I always say the Our Father and Hail Mary.   Also, I have been searching for a daily audio recording of the Lectio Divina on line.   My family has a name plate on the pew, which one can get for a donation.  My point is I didn't always want to sit next to my dad, thinking it's my time with God and I like my a lone time.  Well, obviously it doesn't matter.

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:50 am

R,
I enjoy your comments on the Mass.  
One thing, I will be moving these posts on the Eucharist to another section. So in the meantime, may I ask that you post on the Eucharist in major topic section you fill find titled, THE EUCHARISTIC CHRIST.
Thanks!
Joe

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rpw8 Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:55 am

will do !

rpw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Thanks R!

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down