CHRISTOLOGY FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your understanding of this classic definition of Christ, from the Council of Chalcedon (451)?: Christ is "consubstantial with the Father in Godhead, and the same consubstantial with us in manhood, like us in all things except sin"?

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is your understanding of this classic definition of Christ, from the Council of Chalcedon (451)?: Christ is "consubstantial with the Father in Godhead, and the same consubstantial with us in manhood, like us in all things except sin"?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your understanding of this classic definition of Christ, from the Council of Chalcedon (451)?: Christ is "consubstantial with the Father in Godhead, and the same consubstantial with us in manhood, like us in all things except sin"?

Post by wfobrien Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:16 am

Funny you should say that. As I mentioned before there was a time where I was big into an Alchemy group. Highly charged esoteric gold, iridium, etc. Powders and liquid to change your life, offer immortality...Great stuff-i thought. Though there were shifts I suspect they were mostly my will. That said when I renewed my Christian focus I felt that the Eucharist was an Alchemy. Why not. I bring my will God bring His Presence. Potent. Cheaper Smile .
After reading BR I was even more convinced that it was the perfect tool. A full Alchemy of God and Man. The true esoteric embodiment. Transformation and union. Boom.
I go to Mass almost every morning. And I must admit. I mostly go for the Communion Smile .
BRs take on The Eucharist is my favorite chapter. I may read it again today.
If I look at it honestly Im a bit of a tool guy. I like crystals, music, etc. The Eucharist is by all regards the ultimate tool.
Again thanks for asking this question.
As an aside Lately Ive been writing my thoughts every morning. Fountain pen, good quality paper. As I write it seems to crystalize and unite. Writing my thoughts makes me really contemplate them. As well as seems to join me with God.
Same here. Writing my thoughts down inspires me. Solidifies my Faith in some way.
Just telling you...and anyone else here helps me immeasurably. Thanks

wfobrien

Back to top Go down

What is your understanding of this classic definition of Christ, from the Council of Chalcedon (451)?: Christ is "consubstantial with the Father in Godhead, and the same consubstantial with us in manhood, like us in all things except sin"?  - Page 2 Empty Re: What is your understanding of this classic definition of Christ, from the Council of Chalcedon (451)?: Christ is "consubstantial with the Father in Godhead, and the same consubstantial with us in manhood, like us in all things except sin"?

Post by wfobrien Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:19 am

Oh and Im reminded of a quote that I think BR attributes to St Augustine "Receive what you are to Become"

wfobrien

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2